Top 10 lists have become popular, so let’s look at the top 10 reasons to manage your business processes…
10) Actually see the activities required to provide goods or services
9) Identify activities that don’t add value to the goods or services
8) Stop performing non value add activities [reduce costs]
7) Identify activities that touch your customer
6) Stop performing activities that are not customer friendly [happy customers]
5) Improve customer relationships [happy customers]
4) Produce more goods or services in less time [increase revenues]
3) Find more time for innovation [increase market share]
2) Create a competitive advantage [increase market share]
1) Increase profits
The order of these is somewhat arbitrary – what would you add to this list?
Keeping it Real!